Waldorf Geraldton Serviced Apartments are located within the Geraldton Mariner Resort on the site of the former landmark Mariner Hotel on Chapman Road only metres from the picturesque Champion Bay and the magnificent Indian Ocean.
Geraldton is a central coastal city, at the heart of the Midwest and along great selection of Indian Ocean beaches and surrounded by fertile agricultural land, well established fishing and Cray fishing Industries. Geraldton being the Coral Coast's only city is a highly important centre of regional activity and established itself as the region retail and commercial centre.
Situated on the site of the former landmark Mariner Hotel on Chapman Road in Geraldton, Waldorf Geraldton Serviced Apartments are located only 50 metres from beautiful Champion Bay and the magnificent Indian Ocean, an area that is a favourite amongst the locals.
It’s within close proximity walking or cycling distance to Geraldton's new marina and the town centre. At the marina you can indulge at some of the mid-west's best cafes, restaurants, bars and shopping. At the end of the day it's a leisurely walk back to your own piece of paradise at Waldorf Geraldton Serviced Apartments.
Geraldton offers variety of local and regional attraction to visitors:
Enjoy the stunning sunsets from one of the many beautiful beaches or take a day trip to the Abrolhos Islands and see the brightly coloured fisherman camps, the marine life including sharks, manta rays, dolphins and migratory whales (in season); the pearl farms, the historic church on Basile Island and some great shipwrecks.
The 122 islands in the area are a haven for breeding-seabirds, sea lions, dolphins and migratory whales.
On land Geraldton is the perfect base for self-drive tours. Witness the wonder of the wildflowers, the Leaning Trees on the Greenough Flats where the Red River Gums lie completely horizontal due to prevailing southerly winds over the years.
Things to do in Geraldton:
• HMAS Sydney Memorial - 3.1km
• Western Australian Museum - 2.3km
• Abrolhos Islands - 60km off the coast
• Old Geraldton Goal Craft - 2.2km
• Geraldton Back Beach
• Geraldton Race Course - 5km
• Sand dunes for those with 4wd experience
• Art galleries
• Greenough River Walk Trail
• Batavia long boat replica
• Central Greenough Historic Settlement
• St Francis Xavier Cathedral - 3km
• Victoria Hospital and Old Gaol - 1.4km
• Scuba Diving
• Chapman Valley Lavender Farm - 21km
• Batavia Coast Marina - 2km
Geraldton Annual Events :
• Platform Markets - craft & local produce at the old Railway Station on Sundays (8am-noon)
• Farmers Markets - fresh local produce at Maitland Park on Saturdays (8am-noon)
• Dongara Larry Lobster Festival - annual event in mid November including blessing of the fleet
• Dongara Drive In - every Friday with gates opening 5.30 & screenings at 7pm
• Geraldton Cup - horse racing in March annually
• Kalbarri Canoe & Cray Festival - June annually
• Mullewa Wildflower Show - August annually
• Chapman Valley Agricultural Society Show - September annually
• Geraldton-Greenough Sunshine Festival - October annually
• Northampton Airing of the Quilts - October annually